- What is the best free video editor for YouTube?
- Is there some best video editor for YouTube available in the market?
YouTube is not only a great place to watch videos but also a fantastic platform to share your own created videos with friends all over the world. Uploading videos to YouTube is easy, but it is not easy to create an awesome video. More and more YouTube users want to find a professional video editing software for YouTube, free or paid.
Can't Miss: What Video Editing Software Do YouTubers Use
Yes, you will come across many free or paid YouTube video maker over the Internet to cooperate. All YouTube video editing software has distinct features that you should look out for and pros and cons. The following top 5 free YouTube video editors for Windows or Mac will give you a good starting point. (Need edit videos for YouTube on a Chromebook? Solved!)
In short: If you're looking for the best video editing software for YouTube and ready to become a successful YouTuber (like me) and you'll love this guide.
Now, let's get started.
- Part 1. Top 10 Free Video Editing Software for YouTube [Windows or Mac]
- Part 2. Filmora Video Editor - Best Video Editing Software for YouTube [Free/Paid]
Part 1: 10 Best Free Video Editing Softwares for YouTube
When you are looking for the best free YouTube video editing software program to use with Mac, iMovie will be the best choice to consider. This free video editing software for YouTube allows for easy importing of videos and editing to add effects, insert titles, and add soundtracks. A simple drag and drop will help you add files to the program.
- This video editor for YouTube is straightforward to use. And it is the best alternative to the YouTube Video Editor.
- This video editing tool has a friendly interface and allows for the sharing of edited videos online. Those are the standout advantages you will enjoy.
- One of the most significant disadvantages of iMovie is the inability to import files in MP4 format.
- It is not readily available because of its price tag that ranges around $14.99.
Price: Free for Mac owners
Windows Movie Maker is another best video editing software for YouTube videos, and Microsoft designs it. You can create, edit, and publish your videos using this program on online sites like YouTube and Facebook. That will help in enhancing your overall editing experience. It has support for many transitions, effects, and titles to help customize the video.
- The key advantages of using this software program are available for free.
- This video editor for YouTube is easy for beginners to learn.
- This video editing tool offers a variety of editing tools and functions and perfect for photos slide shows.
- Limited to basic editing tools with no up-to-date filter, effect, or overlays.
- This video editing tool is not suitable for advanced users.
- It is highly prone to crashing down, thus not reliable enough.
Supported Platform: Windows
This free YouTube video editor allows for easy customizing of video files through specialized tools and effects. It would be best if you choose the right combination of those that will suit your video editing. Also, the program helps in trimming down the size of videos.
- You will have an easy time learning how to use this program.
- This video editing tool works at high speeds, and it is available for free and allows adding music to video.
- Its availability for free means this program comes with limitations on some features.
- You will enjoy only the basic features.
Supported Platform: Windows, Mac
This free editing software is a professional, free video editing software for YouTube that you can use to work on any YouTube files. It's non-linear and has support for resolutions amounting to 4K. It works well with videos on both HD and SD formats. If you have a film that you want to edit, LightWorks will be an excellent choice to consider at any given time.
- The ability to customize is the most significant advantage of using this software program.
- Different platforms support other pros.
- Support for professional video editing and availability as paid or free versions.
- This video editing tool lacks FireWire support for Linux.
- The pro version has changed in pricing and does not offer any help with essential hints alone.
Supported Platform: Windows, Mac, Linux
Price: $23.99 per month; $239.99 per year; $389.99 for lifetime
Avidemux is a free MP4 video editing software for Linux, Mac OS X and windows. It supports video formats such as ASF, MKV, AVI, MP4 and MPEG and comes with a feature that does filtering, cutting and encoding. It also has features such as encoding options, processing tools, different filters, and frame rate configuration. Another great feature of this program is that tasks can be automated with the use of job queue or projects.
- It is fairly simple to use and is lightweight.
- It has a great selection of filters.
- It has a command line interface meant for advance users.
- The interface is outdated.
- In some formats it may drop frames.
- It can be complicated for new users.
Supported Platform: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7
VSDC is a free MP4 editing software for windows. It supports video formats such as AVI, MP4, MPG, MKV, FLV, WMV and other formats. It provides drawing and selection tools, audio effects, transitions as well as video filters. Once you have completed editing, you can select the optimized outputs for devices such as gaming consoles and smartphones. It has a non-linear editing feature, and unlike other programs that uses linear editing tables to locate files in a sequence, this video editor locates and edits videos at any place of the table. It recognizes any graphical element as independent, and thus any effect tool can be used on any type regardless of its format.
- It has different output options.
- It provides many useful filters.
- It is absolutely free.
- At a high level it requires computer resources such as RAM and CPU..
- Its interface is not very visceral.
Supported Platform: Windows 7 or newer
Price: Free: $0; Pro: $19.99
Final Cut Pro is video editing software available on iOS and you can use it to edit video, audio, motion graphics, and prep everything for delivery. It includes 4K and 360-degree video editing capability and VR headset playback. With great new features and an intuitive design, Final Cut Pro accelerates post-production. So editors can create and deliver at the speed of thought.
- Improved proxy workflows.
- Smart Conform for social media.
- High-performance Metal engine.
- Limited time for free trial.
- Only works on Mac desktops.
Supported Platform: MacOS 10.15.6 or later
Price: Free Trial for 90 days or one-time payment of $299.99
Shotcut is a free, open source, cross-platform video editor for Windows, Mac and Linux. Its major features include support for a wide range of formats; no import required meaning native timeline editing; Blackmagic Design support for input and preview monitoring; and resolution support to 4k. As such, it can be of interest to those who would rather not be dependent on giant software corporations, but prefer the continual regular upgrades of a community of enthusiastic and dedicated developers.
- Wide Format Support.
- Free and multi-platform.
- Full featured.
- No thumbnail previews for effects or transitions.
- Can’t automatically create new layers.
Supported Platform: Window/Mac/Linux
Price: Free at cost
Adobe Premiere Pro is an expansive, professional-level digital video editing program with excellent collaboration tools, which works with the Creative Suite family of products or as standalone software. Premiere Pro has been known as an industry-standard for professional editing for some time. You can use it to edit any format from 8K to virtual reality on desktop and mobile workstations.
- Industry video editing level.
- Works seamlessly with other Adobe softwares.
- Full featured.
- Intimidating interface for nonprofessionals.
- High requirement of system.
Supported Platform: Window/Mac
Price: 7 day Free Trial or charged at $31.49/mon
VideoPad is a video making solution that helps video editing professionals add visual effects and transitions to create 3D videos. The platform enables businesses to import music tracks, add text for captions, and adjust video speed to create GIF videos. The system offers video stabilization functionality, which lets operators reduce camera shaking effects. It allows managers to save visuals in PSP and iPhone, share them via YouTube, and export movies in HD, 2K, or 4K resolutions.
- Annoying notifications in free version.
- Extensive output and sharing features.
- Annoying notifications in free version.
- Auto speech to text subtitling feature works poorly.
Supported Platform: Window/Mac
Price: Free Trial or Editor Master’s Edition Quarterly Plan at $2.77/mon
Part 2: Filmora Video Editor - the Best Free YouTube Video Editor
We list Filmora as one of the top video editing software for beginners and semi-pros. Filmora is much powerful than Windows Movie Maker on Windows and iMovie on Mac system, while it also allows you to make a professional-looking YouTube video with hundreds of presets such as filters, overlays, elements, transitions, and mixing multiple layers of effects and audio to empower your YouTube story. Hence, it is recommended in the first place as the best YouTube video creator on PC and Mac.
Filmora Video Editor is very affordable and can edit both videos and audios. With this software, you can edit the YouTube video, which helps apply effects or customize your video.
5 Easy Steps to Make a YouTube Video with this Top Video Editor
Step 1. Import the Video for YouTube
At first, you need to download the Filmora Video Editor from the official website. After the installation, you can click on the "Import Media Files Here" button to import all video clips to Filmora Video Editor.
Step 2. Drag Your Video Clips to the Timeline
Drag the video clips to the timeline directly, now you can adjust the video clips' order by clicking on the video clips and drag, and you can also trim unwanted video clips.
Step 3. Add Title/Lowerthird to Your Videos
As you may know already, titles and lowerthirds in videos can give your audience information that they aren't getting from anywhere else, in a visual way, usually through a combination of text and graphics. There are various titles and lowerthirds in Filmora under "Title" menu, displayed in different type. You can always find the right one for your clip easily, from sports style to holiday genre. By adding appropriate titles and lowerthirds, you will give more context to whatever is being shown on the screen.
What's more, YouTube's worldwide viewership has made it possible that anything but difficult to overlook individuals everywhere in the world will watch your recordings. Now you can add subtitles on YouTube video on fingertips with Filmora as well.
Step 4. Add Effects to Your Videos
After you cut and splice the video clips to a complete video you want to post to YouTube, you can choose to add some effects on the video to make it unique.
Step 5. Add Elements to Spice Up your Video
In addition to an impressive collection of visual effects, Filmora also boasts a rich library of elements. This enables you to add arrows to a video that draw the viewer’s attention to an important detail in the shot or emojis that make your videos more cheerful.
Step 6. Export the Videos to YouTube Directly
After you are satisfied with your video editing, you can preview the excellent video in Filmora Video Editor first and then export it to YouTube directly.
Write in the End
Although some online video editors or editing apps for YouTube provide the most promising results, there aren't as good as professional video editors available for Windows and Mac. One of the most significant disadvantages is that you will not edit the videos if you don't have an internet connection. Moreover, if your video needs a lot of editing, you can't perform all the functions using online video editors.
So, suppose you want to create fantastic video or your own Youtube Channel. In that case, I'd like to strongly recommend the Filmora Video Editor for your reference. It can help you quickly make a cool video with effects.
- Best video editing software for beginner and semi-professional, that comes with powerful editing skills like trimming, splitting, rotating, editing, etc.
- Large collection of great Title & Text overlays.
- Advanced video effects like green screen, PIP, motion tracking, audio mixer, keyframe can also be found and applied to your video within few clicks.
- 500+ free special video effects to customize and create an awesome movie by yourself.
- 1000+ standalone effects downloading resources to make videos in all kinds of styles.
If you're interested in Filmora, you can watch the clip below to learn more about it! There are countless interesting titles, effects, emojis that can be used to make your own youtube videos. Try it for free now and you won't regret it.